Catholic Health Initiatives RN-HOME VISITOR in BISMARCK, North Dakota
REGISTERED NURSE - Bismarck, ND
CHI Health at Home - Home Health & Hospice Agency
The registered nurse plans, organizes and directs home health and hospice services and is experienced in nursing, with emphasis on community health education/experience. The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Completes an initial assessment of client and family to determine home health needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness.
2. Regularly re-evaluates client nursing needs.
3. Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as client status and needs change.
4. Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
5. Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the client and the family in the planning process.
6. Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
7. Counsels the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
8. Provides health care instructions to the client as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
9. Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the client.
10. Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate client care for assigned caseload.
1. Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician when necessary and at least every sixty days.
2. Communicates with the physician regarding the client’s needs and reports any changes in the client’s condition; obtains/receives physician’s orders as required.
3. Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
1. Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
2. Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services are available.
3. Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care provided.
1. Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
2. Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of nursing.
3. Maintains a current CPR certification.
4. Current valid driver’s license.
5. Minimum of two years experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health or home health nursing preferred.
6. Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
7. Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
8. Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
9. Management experience not required but preferred. Responsible for supervising home health aides.
10. Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position, or transfer clients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
Job Home Health/Hospice
Primary Location NORTH DAKOTA-BISMARCK-CHI HEALTH AT HOME BISMARCK
Daily Schedule M-F w/call rotation
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2017-R0120765