Catholic Health Initiatives OFFICE ASSISTANT in CARRINGTON, North Dakota
general supervision, performs front office processes associated with patient
check-in, check-out, scheduling, referrals, and electronic medical
records. Administers and supports the
clinic’s billing, and insurance functions, in accordance with internal
standards and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Perform patient check-in at the time of visit; interviews patients and
completes all paperwork necessary to ensure the admitting process is
efficient, and all clinic and regulatory policies are in compliance.
- Copy/scan patient medical records, benefit/insurance information, and
related hardcopy materials (e.g. ID, referrals, insurance cards, etc.) into
the correct location in the electronic medical record system.
- Perform patient check-out including pricing services, coding of
procedures performed, and diagnosis on charge, to accurately support the need
and documentation for each service.
- Collect patient responsibility payments, and answer routine patient
insurance and billing inquiries.
- Answer phone calls, confirm next day appointments, ensure insurance
coverage, and alert patients as to what documentation is needed, including
details associated with time-of-service payment schedules.
- Gather, verify, and process referrals, authorizations, and
pre-certifications by working closely with physician(s), patients, and
- Coordinate scheduling with that of the practitioners’ schedules to ensure
proper coverage of patient appointments and out-of-office calls.
- Retrieve, file, and maintain charts and medical record documentation
according to office protocol; coordinate copies of medical documentation with
physician charges to support billing to third-party payers.
Manage the flow of interdepartmental, outgoing, and incoming mail.
Communicate requests and provide medical information to and from patient
care providers in strict accordance with HIPPA and all policies and
- Follow up with patients regarding the Missed Appointment Policy and send
out the appropriate communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent
Job Administrative and Clerical
Primary Location NORTH DAKOTA-CARRINGTON-FOSTER COUNTY MEDICAL CENTER
Daily Schedule M-F
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2017-R0120582