Catholic Health Initiatives PRESIDENT/CEO- Mercy Health Network Hospital- Webster City, IA FT(days) in DES MOINES, Iowa
PRESIDENT/CEO- Mercy Health Network Hospital- Webster City, IA FT(days)
Provides administrative leadership and assumes management
responsibility for total hospital operations.This position is located at Van Diest Medical Center in Webster City, Iowa.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Serves as a representative of Mercy Health Network with the local hospital board, medical staff and
- Plans, organizes, directs and monitors the
activities of all departments/service areas of the affiliate hospital.
Responsible for implementation of hospital policies set by Board of Trustees/Directors.
Responsible for Hospital Operating Budget and Capital Expenditure Plan
for the affiliate hospital.
- Develops strategic plan for hospital to enhance viability of the
- Assures adequate staffing is maintained for providing services of the affiliate
hospital to patients.
Assures compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Provides leadership to subordinates in the effective and efficient
utilization of human, financial and physical resources.
Provides leadership for team building and continuous quality improvement.
Serves as liaison among affiliate hospital board, medical staff, hospital
administration and Mercy Health Network operations.
- Promotes public relations and represents affiliate hospital in the community
and to the public.
- Meets with department managers/supervisors to share ideas, new goals,
present pertinent information, and for problem solving, encouraging creativity,
responsibility and accountability.
- Administers disciplinary action in a fair and consistent manner as
- Completes annual performance evaluations for all department managers
reporting directly to the Administrator, and assures completion for of annual
performance evaluations for other department managers and staff.
- Participates in both internal and external meetings, including Mercy Health
Network Administrative meetings, so as to promote the mission of the affiliate hospital
and to enhance coordination and communication between the local hospital
community and Mercy Health Network.
- Maintains current knowledge of developments and trends in health care.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS :
Oversees building and remodeling projects.
Assures development of physician, professional and allied staff
Develops strategic plan for hospital to enhance viability of hospital.
Communicates with insurance companies and other peers to facilitate
contracts and other provider arrangements.
- Supports and abides by all local hospital, and Mercy Health Network
policies and procedures.
- Completes all educational/employee health requirements of Mercy Health
Network in a timely manner.
- Acts in a professional manner reflecting the mission, philosophy and
values of Mercy Health Network.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
- Bachelor's degree in health care administration or health related field
required; MHA or MBA degree preferred.
- Three years direct experience in health care management at director or
vice-president level or above, required.
Proven analytical and problem solving abilities required.
Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
Demonstrates a commitment toservice, organization values and professionalism through appropriateconduct and demeanor at all times
Adheres to and exhibits ourcore values:
Reverence : Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for allcreation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God andacknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity : Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty andsincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion : Feeling with others, being one with others in theirsorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of thehuman community.
Excellence : Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continuallysurpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality andprotects sensitive data at all times
Adheres to organizational anddepartment specific safety standards and guidelines
Works collaboratively andsupports efforts of team members
Demonstrates exceptionalcustomer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients,residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Catholic Health Initiatives and itsorganizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
Primary Location IOWA-DES MOINES-MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
Daily Schedule 8-5
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required None
Req ID: 2017-R0120838