Catholic Health Initiatives RN -6N Neurology -Mercy Medical Center- FT .9 (Day/Evening) -identical position posted in DES MOINES, Iowa
RN -6N Neurology -Mercy Medical Center- FT .9 (Day/Evening) -identical position posted
Assumes responsibility and
accountability for assigned patients.
Provides professional nursing care to these patients incorporating the
nursing process, the environment, technical equipment, and health care
members. Provides patient care
activities to patients of diverse ages.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Administers nursing care to patients; includes
assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating the patient’s care plan in
coordination with the physician.
- Provides patient/family or caregiver education
and counseling in recognition and solution of physical, emotional, and
environmental health problems.
- Supervises health care members (i.e., licensed
practical nurses, patient care technicians, etc.) with patients.
computer applications and communication technologies appropriate to the work
setting to enter, retrieve, and analyze information and to facilitate
communication and education.
- When assigned to charge, makes patient
assignments; triages patients; and problem solves with staff, physicians,
patients, families, and ancillary departments.
- Maintains knowledge of documentation
requirements needed for patients’ records.
- Works independently with limited direct
supervision using the Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Medical Center
polices, nursing standards, and professional judgement.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up,
maintenance, and use (i.e., IV pumps, monitoring equipment, drainage devices). Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug
library and monitor alarms whenever available to maximize patient safety.
- Works rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e.,
cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
- Takes assigned call as defined in unit policy.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS :
- Assists with patient care duties/tasks (i.e.,
emptying drainage devices, ambulating, hygiene.
- Assists with clerical duties (i.e., maintenance
of chart, patient record, answering phones and call lights, processing physician
- Maintains patient care supplies, equipment, and
- Provides orientation/education for staff,
students, and other hospital and community organizations as requested.
- Effectively assumes job responsibilities of
ancillary support during absence.
Primary Location IOWA-DES MOINES-MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
Daily Schedule Day/Night
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 72
Weekends Required Every Other
Req ID: 2016-R0072210