Catholic Health Initiatives Business Analyst in FEDERAL WAY, Washington
The Business Analyst is responsible for developing solutions to business problems by defining, analyzing, documenting and communicating requirements; ensuring solution alignment with business requirements and compliance standards; and tracking timelines and deliverables. The candidate must be able to take a lead role in designing and reviewing test cases, processing change requests, managing project scope, and confirming customer testing and acceptance of delivered solutions.
The Business Analyst must possess superior verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical subject matter experts, and must also be comfortable collaborating with other analysts and IT staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Business System Analyst Job Duties:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis at http://practicalanalyst.com/category/business-analysis/ , task and workflow analysis.
· Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements. Deliver the following artifacts as needed: Formal business requirements documents, functional requirements, use cases, process flow diagrams, interface mockups, test plans, project timelines, and customer acceptance documents.
· Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously, with a high degree of ownership.
· Work independently and under the direction of Director Business Systems.
· Revise priorities and goals as business needs change, sometimes rapidly.
· Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions and execution strategies.
Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
Excellent verbal and written communication at http://practicalanalyst.com/category/communication/ skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
Partner with business teams to identify key process and information gaps. Devise solutions to address gaps.
Education and Experience
· BS/BA degree in business administration, information systems, computer science or equivalent work experience.
· 5 years of healthcare industry knowledge
· Direct experience in business process and data analysis, requirements gathering, documentation, validation and change control processes a must.
· Must have strong experience with MS Office applications, particularly with Excel
· Must have strong interpersonal skills – collaboration across multiple business and technology functions, relationship building and consensus building are a must
· Promotes teamwork and leads by example, while successfully collaborating across functions and departments. Unquestionable ethics & integrity is pertinent.
· Excellent judgment and decision making skills
· Customer-focused, with demonstrated experience and ability to be flexible with changing priorities, demands and requests. Demonstrated ability to identify root issues and resolve end-to-end.
· Aptitude for gaining a thorough understanding of the business and actively applying it to individual work.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
· Broad understanding of health care insurance and claims processing.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Job Information Technology
Primary Location WASHINGTON-FEDERAL WAY-FEDERAL WAY-HERON BLDG
Daily Schedule Days
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required None
Req ID: 2017-R0116840