Catholic Health Initiatives Marketing Materials Specialist in FEDERAL WAY, Washington
Marketing Materials Specialist
The Marketing Materials Specialist is responsible for the creative concept, written copy, versioning, updating and overall responsibility to coordinate the development, implementation and documentation of all Member and Prospect Medicare marketing initiatives. Must be able to apply strategic thinking behind every word and write copy that engages a target audience across all media.
Reviews requests from other cross functional areas and sales teams, taking into account various factors (user experience, brand guidelines, budget, etc.), to manage and create communication solutions (flyers, posters, brochures, websites, web banners, email newsletters, interactive PDFs, micro sites, social media, etc.) as appropriate. Assist with workflows of traditional marketing and compliance programs (marketing collateral, trade publication advertising, direct mail copy and design, etc.). Identifies process improvements/efficiencies, and supports business initiatives.
Schedules and leads project meetings with business partners. Supports department staff with creative workflow process and is responsible for ensuring consistency and standardization on all print or digital materials. Collects and communicates technical specifications and ensures that work adheres to technical specifications. Scopes out all project work, coordinates project reviews, and re-negotiates terms, timelines, and budgets as appropriate.
May be involved as required in creation of production schedules, form number assignment, source file requests and estimating levels of effort. Works with Marketing Materials Supervisor and Sales and Marketing leadership to prioritize team tasks, assess written copy and design project quality. Prepares all supporting documents and other materials required for CMS and/or state filings. Work with marketing Subject Matter Experts (SME) to review the most effective messaging and reduce the number of versions required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. The Marketing Materials Specialist is responsible for ensuring that creative copy writing projects:
a. Achieve strategic business objectives
b. Meet project and production based deliverable dates
c. Feature creative copy and content that is on-brand, within style guidelines and grammatically correct.
2. Coordinates, implements and maintains marketing’s materials tracking database system. Assigns material IDs to each document in accordance with established procedures. Tracks life cycle of document and manages data in database used for planning and portfolio management by department. Monitors submitted and non-submitted documents from draft to completion. Works with Compliance to submit compliant templates and populated versions to CMS. Analyzes and reports on portfolio accuracy and timeliness.
3. Supports material projects and versions templates using the CodySoft Collateral Management Module to help ensure accuracy of materials for department.
4. Edit and proofread all materials to ensure accurate grammar and adherence to CMS’ Medicare Marketing Guidelines under the guidance of Marketing Materials Supervisor and Sales and Marketing leadership.
5. Works with the Marketing Materials Supervisor to create, produce and distribute all Sales and Marketing printed and digital communications, including social media posts.
6. Works with the Marketing Materials Supervisor on outreach for the department to include member events, MAC meetings, refer a friend programs email database growth, and general market engagement strategies.
7. Serves as a joint liaison to the Quality department and supports them in their STARS initiatives by creating, editing and producing various materials as needed.
8. Supports the development and management of the department SharePoint site including but not limited to the member communications calendar, prospect calendar, department calendar, resource libraries and document workflow management. Manages the materials folder within SharePoint for the materials team
9. Supports the Marketing Materials Supervisor in managing vendor relations. Attends weekly implementation meetings, reports out to team on updates and coordinates materials production for vendors as needed including but not limited to post-enrollment materials, training materials and member outreach programs.
10. Works closely with SMEs/business partners to solve day-to-day creative business needs. This individual will also be responsible for maintaining a strong working relationship with others on the creative team and business partners. Version new creative copy developed by external advertising agencies to meet compliance requirements.
11. Collaborates with business areas and other stakeholders to prioritize, write, design, and execute a variety of member and prospect marketing and communications materials, brochures, letters, PowerPoint presentations, letters, flyers and other materials.
12. Assists with quality improvement efforts for assigned topics in the creation, development, implementation and completion of performance improvement initiatives for member and prospective member marketing materials.
13. Accountable for ensuring consistency, accuracy, timeliness, cost-effectiveness and quality of communications with members, potential members, providers, employers, brokers, partners and health plan staff.
14. Responsible for concept/copy development and implementation of marketing and advertising materials for specific health plan initiatives. Work with marketing team to obtain the most effective messaging and reduce the number of versions required.
15. Prepare all supporting documents and other materials required by the state or CMS.
16. Helps to manage and maintain editorial content calendar and library.
1. Attention to detail in crafting messaging that is impactful and on-target; ability to ensure accuracy in both material content and copy execution to create error-free documents.
2. Exceptional creative skills and marketing knowledge is required, with excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products.
3. Previous experience in editing, proofreading, copy development and writing. Samples of work will be required.
4. Ability to work independently and handle many project simultaneously
5. Excellent people skills and flexibility in dealing with changing schedules and multiple points of view
6. Strong typography, color theory, corporate identity, and branding understanding required
7. The ability to work individually and collaboratively with enthusiasm and teamwork is important.
· Agency background a plus, demonstrated experience in writing detailed brochures and articles.
· Bachelor's Degree required in Journalism, Marketing Communications or relevant field.
· Editing skills. Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style, AP Stylebook, and other style guidelines. Experience working with multiple authors and subject matter experts.
· 5 years of experience in a Medicare managed care organization.
· 5 years of copywriting experience for Direct Response and/or Digital Media in either an Agency or in-house Creative Services department.
· Solid understanding of graphic design disciplines including layout, color and typography.
· Proven ability to translate strategy and business needs into appropriate copy and graphic solutions.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills – can clearly communicate design decisions and conceptual themes with supporting logic based on the strategic goals. Ability to “sell” a concept.
· Demonstrated ability to multi task, prioritize & respond quickly and positively to changing demands while working in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
· Strong and effective decision-making skills
· Strong organization and time management skills
· Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
· Meet deadlines for completion of daily, weekly, and month-end reporting
· Maintain agreed upon work schedule
· Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork
· Ability to thrive in an environment of high ambiguity and autonomy; exceptional flexibility and ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and multiple priorities in a fast-paced, ever changing and evolving work environment with shifting time frames.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- None required
Job Marketing & Communications
Primary Location WASHINGTON-FEDERAL WAY-FEDERAL WAY-HERON BLDG
Daily Schedule Days
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required None
Req ID: 2017-R0116839