Catholic Health Initiatives Receptionist- Family Practice in FORT DODGE, Iowa
Receptionist- Family Practice
THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION LOCATED AT MERCY CLINICS FAMILY MEDICINE FT. DODGE IN FT. DODGE, IA. HOURS WILL BE M-F 8A-5P
direct supervision, Receptionist is responsible for performing a variety of
general administrative support duties associated with the patient intake
process and performs routine duties within the clinic.
- Perform patient check-in at the time of visit and completes all paperwork
necessary to ensure the admitting process is efficient and all clinic and
regulatory policies are in compliance.
Answer phone calls and direct them appropriately.
Schedule appointments according to office guideline.
Obtain accurate patient and insurance information, collecting copays
(TOS) and deductible amounts.
- Copy/scan patient access related hardcopy materials (e.g. ID, referrals,
insurance cards, etc.) into the correct location in the electronic medical
- Prepare charts for patient appointments making sure all necessary
information is complete.
- Conduct all functions associated with patient check-out including pricing
services, collecting patient responsibility payments and scheduling follow-up
- Perform duties involving record filing and retrieval and assisting with
the filing of registration documentation in electronic medical records.
- Confirm next day appointments and alerts patients as to what
documentation is needed, including details associated with time-of-service
- Follow up with patients regarding the Missed Appointment Policy and send
out the appropriate communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ACLS_ADVANCED CARDIAC LIFE SUPPORT - ACLS (AHA-ACEP-ASHI-MTN)
BLS-CPR_BASIC LIFE SUPPORT/CPR FOR THE PROFESSIONAL RESCUER - BLS (AHA-MTN)
CMA_CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT - AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF MEDICAL ASSISTANTS
MEDAID_MEDICATION AIDE - State of Iowa
RMA_REGISTERED MEDICAL ASSISTANT - AMERICAN MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST
Job Administrative and Clerical
Primary Location IOWA-FORT DODGE-MERCY CLINICS FAM MED
Daily Schedule M-F 8-5
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required None
Req ID: 2017-R0119547