Catholic Health Initiatives ENVIRONMENTAL SRVS ASSOCIATE - Full Time - CHI Health Saint Francis in GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska
ENVIRONMENTAL SRVS ASSOCIATE - Full Time - CHI Health Saint Francis
In accordance with department policies and procedures and under general supervision, cleans floors and corridors and other assigned areas. Performs services including moving equipment and supplies; cleaning walls, lights, windows, carpets and the like. Daily run auto scrubber on first floor, and burnish hard surfaces daily. Vacuum daily and keep carpets free of spots, perform a preventive carpet care program. Keep elevators floors, walls and stair wells free of spots clean elevator tracks daily and as needed. Keep front entrance, cafeteria windows free of smudges etc.
Uses and discloses patient protected health information: 1) Only as it applies to job functions, 2) in amounts minimally necessary for intended purpose, and 3) in a confidential manner.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Retrieves equipment and supplies such as rotos, burnisher, vacuums floor scrubber, mop, wringers and other necessary tools and products from housekeeping supply room and deliver to assign area.
- Uses Sweeper and auto floor scrubber to scrub floor and burnish daily. Vacuum all carpets and walk off mats daily and perform preventive maintenance program on all carpets from 1st floor thru 7th floor.
- Clean all windows and light fixtures using appropriate cleaning chemical and equipment in the entrances, cafeteria and conference room daily.
- Spot cleans all walls in hallway and entrances from 1st floor thru 7th floor.
- Clean elevator tracks, floor, lights, walls and doors (inside and out) on all floors daily or more if needed.
- Power scrub and refinish hard surface floors as needed.
- Washes walls with wall washing equipment using appropriate cleaning chemicals. Cleans
windows and light fixtures with appropriate cleaning chemicals, squeegee buckets, and so forth.
Basic reading and writing skills at a level normally acquired through completion of high school in order to understand and use chemical labels, MSDS sheets, OSHA standards, isolation procedures, written instructions and department policies. Basic knowledge of computer skills is helpful.
Job Food Service/Housekeeping
Primary Location NEBRASKA-GRAND ISLAND-MHC GRAND ISLAND
Daily Schedule Evenings
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required Every Other
Req ID: 2017-R0119375