Catholic Health Initiatives Certified Surgical Tech FT Day/Evening - St. Elizabeth in LINCOLN, Nebraska
Certified Surgical Tech FT Day/Evening - St. Elizabeth
CHI Health is a regional health network with a unified mission: nurturing the healing ministry of the Church while creating healthier communities. Headquartered in Omaha, the combined organization consists of 15 hospitals, two stand-alone behavioral health facilities and more than 150 employed physician practice locations in Nebraska and southwestern Iowa. More than 12,000 employees comprise the workforce of this network that includes 2,820 licensed beds and serves as the primary teaching partner of Creighton University’s health sciences schools. In fiscal year 2014, the organization provided a combined $149.3 million in quantified community benefit including services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. With locations stretching from Kearney, Neb. to Missouri Valley, Iowa, the health network is the largest in Nebraska and serves residents of Nebraska and southwest Iowa. For more information, visit online at CHIhealth.com.
Job Summary/Essential Duties:
1. Performs surgical technology tasks and functions that are performed with other members of the surgical team that includes:
a. Prepares the operating room for surgical procedures by ensuring the equipment is functioning properly and safely.
b. Prepares the operating room and the sterile field for surgical procedures by preparing sterile supplies, instruments, and equipment using sterile technique.
c. Demonstrates knowledge of human anatomy and pathophysiology and how it relates to the patient and surgical procedure.
d. Performs tasks in the sterile field.
2. Performs in the role of scrub nurse according to the plan of patient care and departmental staffing needs.
3. Performs duties according to department specific expectations as identified and assigned.
4. Assists with patient care activities under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
5. Anticipates usual and unexpected events during the surgical procedure and responds in an efficient manner.
6. Adheres to aseptic practices providing and maintaining a safe environment.
7. Handles and processes surgical specimens according to established policy/procedure.
Completion of an accredited Surgical Technology program
Certification in Surgical Technology
In lieu of attending and completing an accredited Surgical Technology program, must possess 15 years of experience as a Surgical Technologist.
BLS is required upon hire. (Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Red Cross: CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, American Safety and Health Institute: CPR, PRO, must say “Professional Level-with AED”, and American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.)
Job Patient Care Support
Primary Location NEBRASKA-LINCOLN-ST ELIZABETH
Daily Schedule Day/Evening
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 64
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2017-R0113824