Catholic Health Initiatives MANAGER-LABORATORY in LISBON, North Dakota
The laboratory manager is accountable for the overall operation of the laboratory, consisting of chemistry, hematology, microbiology, transfusion, and phlebotomy services. Ensures compliance to all regulatory requirements including the acquisition, development, training, and retention of qualified personnel along with the implementation of the goals and objectives of the laboratory requiring budgeting, planning, organizing, coordinating, directing, improving quality and evaluating personnel to achieve expected outcomes. Supervises an effective Quality Assurance Program for the department that is consistent with the overall facility Quality Assurance plan. Develops and maintains a service orientation in performing duties with fellow employees, patients, medical staff and visitors. Has operational responsibility for the clinical/technical aspects of the laboratory. Also, competently fulfills the duties of a Registered Medical Technologist, performing a variety of chemical, microscopic, and bacteriologic procedures of a moderately and highly complex nature, following established standards and practices to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Participates in on call rotation. Provide direct care to patients of all ages. Assumes duties as outlined and directed by the Medical Director (Pathologist).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology or equivalent.
- State Licensure in Medical Technology.
- Four years training or experience or both in specialty areas of service.
- Current valid certification by American Society for Clinical Pathologists, the National Certification Agency, or equivalent.
SECURITY ACCESS (HIGH):
- Incumbent has access to restricted or confidential patient information and must comply with the terms of the LAHS Security Policies as it applies to their job role.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with formulas, scientific equations, graphs, and to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize. Must be able to balance laboratory administrative and testing duties on a daily basis.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills.
- Skilled operation of a personal computer.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal relationship, and customer service skills.
- Phlebotomy skills (capillary, venous and arterial collection)
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
Primary Location NORTH DAKOTA-LISBON-LISBON AREA HEALTH SERVICES
Daily Schedule 8 hr shifts on call
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required Every Fourth
Req ID: 2017-R0115210