Catholic Health Initiatives Assessment Clinician I,Mobile Assessment,Our Lady of Peace,Days,PRN in LOUISVILLE, Kentucky
Assessment Clinician I,Mobile Assessment,Our Lady of Peace,Days,PRN
Evaluates individuals seeking
behavioral health/substance use treatment and seeks justification for
admission. Conducts evaluations at local
hospitals, Our Lady of Peace, and other community agencies and facilities. Refers patients to appropriate services and
assists in the intake process for those patients admitted. Determines provisional diagnosis and
discusses treatment recommendations with patient, family, and medical
providers. Coordinates level of care
expectations with physicians, Assessment Referral Center, personnel, patient
care units, and external agencies.
Develops relationships with community partners by consistently providing
quality services. Conducts insurance
pre-certifications for individuals evaluated.
May provide assessment services for various patient populations
including pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. KYOne Medical Staff and Board of Directors
under the EMTALA policy consider Assessment Referral Center Clinicians who are
employed by the hospital, and qualified to perform emergency screening
exams/assessments by education, experience, and demonstrated current competence
as “Qualified Medical Persons” to conduct emergency behavioral health and
substance use screening exams.
- Assumes personalresponsibility for maintaining professional development and education.
· Utilizes knowledge of professional degree/social work incollecting and reviewing data collected from patients, their families, outsidesources such as school, EAP & outpatient therapist to assess the patient’spsychological, social and treatment needs. Establishes provisional diagnosis based upon thorough psychiatricassessment. Records and communicatesdata to physician and interdisciplinary treatment team and fiscal reviewagency(s). Performs insurancepre-certification for patients assessed.
- Demonstratesproficiency and skill in providing access to optimal level of care, validreferrals based on clinical assessments and providing patient and familywith accurate and relevant information relating to programs, treatment andpatient rights issues.
· Demonstrates effective understanding of legal issuesassociated with assessment/admission for Voluntary vs. Involuntary status, i.e.72 Hour Hold, EMTALLA and Mental Inquest Warrant processes.
patient/family confidentiality and provides sensitive, respectful and
compassionate customer service at all times.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education/ Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
Degree in Social Work or other related fields required
BSN with one year of experience in related field.
Experience (requiredand preferred):
year of experience in mental health field and previous experience in crisis
intervention or an assessment/diagnostic setting preferred.
to complete Healthcare Provider/Basic Life Support and safe crisis management
training and to perform as needed required.
For Mobile AssessmentClinicians only – valid driver’s license required .
Job Mental Health (Non-Nursing)
Primary Location KENTUCKY-LOUISVILLE-OUR LADY OF PEACE-LOUISVILLE
Daily Schedule 1
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 0
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2017-R0116760