Catholic Health Initiatives RN-PATIENT PLACEMENT, Access Center Louisville, Jewish Hospital, Evenings, Full Time in LOUISVILLE, Kentucky
RN-PATIENT PLACEMENT, Access Center Louisville, Jewish Hospital, Evenings, Full Time
goal of this position is to ensure a safe and efficient admission or transfer
process into the KentuckyOne Healthcare system. To accomplish this goal, Central
Access Center RN will work with all persons needed to evaluate appropriate
placement and facilitate a rapid transfer including physicians, patient
transportation providers, nursing staff at referring hospitals and practices,
· Evaluates,processes, tracks, documents and coordinates patient transfers and directadmissions into the KentuckyOne Healthcare system.
· Obtainsappropriate medical and demographic information from sending provider.
· Coordinatescommunication between referring physicians, and the accepting physician
· Ensurescompliance with current EMTALA and Cobra guidelines.
· Possesses strong communication skills and conflict resolutionskills.
· Possesses ability to establish strong relationships withphysicians and peers.
· Possesses ability to work independently and follow up onissues/problems.
· Possesses ability to maintain and generate reportable data.
· Demonstrates an appreciation of the KentuckyOneMission and Values by providing themselves as a resource for employees, andcoworkers.
· Performs other duties assigned by Market Manager orDirector; or as required to meet the needs of the facility, and internal andexternal customers.
Education/ Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
- BSN from accredited/approved school of nursing or currently in school
. Current Registered Nurse
license in Kentucky. BLS required.
Experience (requiredand preferred):
Minimum two years of experience as an RN in the acute
care setting. Critical Care and Emergency experience preferred. Must be knowledgeable of current nursing
Effective May 1, 2014, all new-hire Associate
Degree Registered Nurses (new graduate and experienced) are required to start
an approved BSN program within two years of hire and complete an approved BSN
program within five years of hire.
Demonstratesa commitment to service, organization values and professionalism throughappropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
Adheres toand exhibits our core values: Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for allcreation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God andacknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us. Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty andsincerity as a basis of trustworthiness. Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others in theirsorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of thehuman community. Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continuallysurpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintainsconfidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
Adheres toorganizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
Workscollaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
Demonstratesexceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians,patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are EqualOpportunity EmployersCBKYONE
Job Nursing - RN
Primary Location KENTUCKY-LOUISVILLE-JHHS - JEWISH HOSPITAL
Daily Schedule 2
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 72
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2017-R0119026