Catholic Health Initiatives Emergency Room Tech Lufkn (Full time days) in LUFKIN, Texas
Emergency Room Tech Lufkn (Full time days)
Supports the delivery of safe, cost-efficient patient care in the Emergency Department by performing a variety of helpful Functions as delegated by the RN or Physician. Performs selected diagnostic and therapeutic tests and procedures. Provides assistance in transporting, transferring, lifting, and manual assistance with patient care. The function Performs general clerical support to the unit, as well as Performs cleaning Functions in patient care unit.
· Provides direct patient care as delegated by the RN and Medical Staff.
· Monitors and records vital signs, observes patients' physical, mental, and emotional condition and reports any changes to the nursing or medical staff
· Provides indirect patient care.
· Performs and documents general therapeutic/diagnostic measures.
· Acts as transporter
· Assists with updating the Emergency Department Tracking Board/Care Manager (EDTB)
· Acts as unit clerk; Utilizes hospital information systems according to the hospital policy.
· Discharges patients and enters charges for patients in a timely matter.
· Utilizes the EDTB to improve patient flow.
· Performs order data entry as assigned by the nurse or physician
· Communicates with patients, family, physicians, other departments, unit personnel, and peers in an accurate, courteous and professional manner
Demonstrates a commitment to patients, nursing staff, and Emergency Department in accordance with the team performance expectations
· High School Diploma/GED
· Texas EMT-Basic
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Effective Communication
· Critical thinking skills
· Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal
· Basic Computer skills – familiarity with Windows based software programs
· One (1) year of previous Emergency Room experience preferred
· Does not require prior experience
Job Allied Health
Primary Location TEXAS-LUFKIN-MEMORIAL HLTH SYS LUFKIN
Daily Schedule Days
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 1700000155