Catholic Health Initiatives *MRI Technologist PRN in LUFKIN, Texas
*MRI Technologist PRN
Operates diagnostic equipment and r esponsible for the efficient daily operation of the M.R.I. area which involves quality control/quality assurance of equipment, and magnetic resonance protocols under the direction of the Medical Director and Director of Imaging Services. Sets up and operates the M.R.I. Suite(s) to be utilized in the patient scanning procedure. Maintains patient safety through attention to detail, equipment safety checks, adherence to department policies, and effective communication with physicians, staff and patients. Provides patient orientation, procedure explanation, and pre and post diagnostic care to completion of test. Assists patients with basic patient care needs.
1. Quality – completes work with accuracy and thoroughness.
2. Productivity – efficiently utilizes time in accomplishing work.
3. Customer Focus – lives organizational and departmental service standards.
4. Reliability – completes tasks assigned; follows up as needed.
5. Availability – meets attendance standards; is punctual; works when needed.
6. Decision Making – displays sound judgment; works with minimal supervision.
7. Initiative – seeks out productive duties in absence of guidance; is a self-starter.
8. Adheres to Policy – follows CHI ST. Luke’s Memorial Hospital rules, policies, procedures and guidelines.
9. Interpersonal Relationships – cooperates, communicates and works well with others.
10. Professionalism – represents CHI ST. Luke’s Memorial Hospital positively in actions and appearance.
11. Reads and records cryogen levels daily. Notifies service if level is below specified limit.
12. Performs test scan prior to first patient scan and records data appropriately.
13. Introduces self, explains the procedure to be performed, obtains the pertinent paperwork and is completed accurately.
14. Screens patients for any pacemakers and/or ferromagnetic materials in or on his/her body. Inquires as to whether the patient has surgical implants (surgical clips, metallic foreign body in eyes), claustrophobia, pregnancy.
15. Produces quality M.R.I. scans.
16. Formats images using window and contrast settings to optimize visibility of anatomical structures.
17. Works closely with the Radiologist to assure sequences are obtained.
18. Maintains proficiency in ancillary areas of department, i.e., radiology, front desk, patient transport.
19. Consistently enters correct exam information in computer system.
20. Regularly practices aseptic techniques and utilizes Universal Precautions.
21. Supports department-based goals and contributes to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
22. Rotates weekend/call responsibilities in a professional and accountable fashion if applicable.
23. Provides the requesting physician with preliminary findings based on diagnostic criteria established for procedure.
24. Maintains proficiency in ancillary areas of department, i.e., radiology, front desk, patient transport and provides support when needed.
25. Performs duties in accordance with that of hospital policies and procedures, and regulatory agency guidelines.
Other duties as assigned.
Graduate of Radiologic Technology Program from an accredited institution.
Licensed as Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) with Texas Medical Board (TMB).
Registered with American Registry of Radiologic Technologists - ARRT(R)
BLS certification - through an approved AHA program
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Primary Job Focus – MRI
Alpha/numerical dexterity and handwriting skills
Interpersonal skills for communication with patients, visitors, physicians and other hospital personnel
Must have good written and oral communication skills
Required: One (1) year related work experience
Preferred: One year (1) of experience in discipline
Job Allied Health
Primary Location TEXAS-LUFKIN-MEMORIAL HLTH SYS LUFKIN
Daily Schedule Days
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 0
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 1700000196