Catholic Health Initiatives Staff RN Cath Lab Lufkin (PRN) in LUFKIN, Texas
Staff RN Cath Lab Lufkin (PRN)
Responsible for the delivery of excellence in patient care through assessing, formulating nursing diagnoses and establishing goals, planning and implementing intervention and evaluating patient care outcomes. With the staff nurse's professional practice he/she Responsible for participating in and maintaining quality, cost effectiveness and guest relations. Provide patient care in compliance with hospital policies and procedures and the standards of professional nursing practice as defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
· Utilizes the nursing process to ensure appropriate patient care is provided in a cost effective, quality driven, and patient focused manner.
· Performs as ongoing assessment, formulates nursing diagnosis and goals, plans appropriate interventions, and evaluates the outcome of the interventions.
· Consistently documents in the patient and unit records according to written health system standards of care in order to meet legal and quality patient care requirements.
· Provides appropriate teaching and information to patients and families including information on Pain Management, Nutrition, Skin Integrity, Fall prevention, Diabetes, Disease Process, Smoking Cessation, and Discharge instructions.
· Demonstrates commitment to the goals and values of the patient, Hospital, community and nursing profession through cost containment measures, maintaining confidentiality, appropriate ethical decision –making, and ensuring patient safety.
· Uses interventions substantiated by research as appropriate in the patient population, participates in research activities, identifies opportunities for research, and collaborates with the Outcomes managers and department.
· Participates in quality of care activities, evaluates the quality and the effectiveness of nursing practice.
· Assists in collecting quality data, analyzes the data, and formulates action plans to improve quality care.
· Associates Degree in Nursing
· Texas Registered Nurse License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Effective Communication
· Knowledge of the principles and skills needed for practical nursing to provide patient care and treatment.
· Critical thinking skills
· Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills both written and verbal
· Basic Computer skills – familiarity with Windows based software programs
· Does not require prior experience
Job Nursing - RN
Primary Location TEXAS-LUFKIN-MEMORIAL HLTH SYS LUFKIN
Daily Schedule Days
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 0
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 1700000151