Catholic Health Initiatives RN Registered Nurse- Family Medicine in NORWALK, Iowa
RN Registered Nurse- Family Medicine
Registered Nurse functions as a vital member of the healthcare team who
contributes to the success the practice by demonstrating customer/patient
focus, effective communication, professionalism, and teamwork. Will utilizes
the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive
care provided to selected patient populations and their families.
- Perform general nursing care to patients by following established standards
Obtain patient consent for care and ensures patient confidentiality.
Obtain and document health history, information on chief complaint, vital
signs, and health risk factors and assesses disease condition.
- Provide patient care based on practice guidelines, standards of care, and
federal/state laws and regulations.
- Execute prescribed treatments and medical interventions, administers
prescribed medications, and monitor and document treatment progress and
patient response. Refer to/consult with physicians, other health providers,
and community resources to prevent/resolve problems or concerns.
- Educate patients and families about health status, health maintenance,
and management of acute and chronic conditions.
- Document patient assessment and intervention data using established
medical record forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams to improve patient care processes
- Track quality assurance data and monitor for acute and chronic care
May act as team lead for other nursing staff.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
Current/valid Registered Nurse license from the state licensing board
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
Job Nursing - RN
Primary Location IOWA-NORWALK-NORWALK CLINIC
Daily Schedule M-F8:00am-5:00pm Occ WKDS
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required None
Req ID: 2017-R0118795