Catholic Health Initiatives CMA-CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT II-CARDIOLOGY CLINIC in OMAHA, Nebraska
CMA-CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT II-CARDIOLOGY CLINIC
the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Physician, the CMA II functions as a vital member of the healthcare team who
contributes to the success of the practice by demonstrating customer/patient
focus, effective communication, professionalism, and teamwork. Utilizes the
nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care
provided to selected patient populations and their families.
**New hire bonus.
- Performs basic nursing care to patients by following established
standards and procedures.
- May perform specific nursing care as it relates to specialty of the
- Collects patient data such as vital signs; notes how the patient looks
and acts, or responds to stimuli, and reports this information
- Prepares and administers injections, performs routine tests, treats
wounds, and changes bandages.
- Prepares patient records and files using established medical record
forms/automated systems and documentation practices.
- Administers certain prescribed medications, and monitors and documents
treatment progress and patient response.
- Participates in the implementation and evaluation of patient care based
on practice guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and
Monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response.
Conveys information to patients and families about health status, health
maintenance, and management of acute and chronic conditions.
Participates in teams to improve patient care processes and outcomes.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Certifications and Education:
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program
Current/valid CMA required.
Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
- 1 years' experience in a medical clinic or a hospital acute unit required.
Job Nursing - LPN
Primary Location NEBRASKA-OMAHA-CHC CUMC-BERGAN MERCY HEART VASCULAR
Daily Schedule M-F
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required None
Req ID: 2017-R0123125