Catholic Health Initiatives CMA CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT II-CARDIOLOGY CLINIC in OMAHA, Nebraska
CMA CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT II-CARDIOLOGY CLINIC
the direction of the health care provider, the Medical Assistant II is
responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and
well being of all patients. Accurately
preforms preliminary physical tests such as:
measures blood pressure, records weight, temperature, pulse and
respirations and other measures as directed by established clinical
**New hire bonus.
- Perform general patient care by following established standards and
Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider.
Obtain and record vital signs including but not limited to, blood pressure,
temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current
medications and presenting problem.
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and
prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection,
topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
May perform routine tests including but not limited to EKG’s.
Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure
completion of testing.
- Communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone
or mail as directed by physician.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep
patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items
according to protocol.
- Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the
medical record as directed by the provider.
- Escalate non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice
manager or healthcare provider(s).
- Ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as
- Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy
- Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, MA Lead or as
requested by healthcare provider(s).
Certifications and Education:
school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current/valid Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification required or
Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) required if applicable.
- Successfully completed Medication Aide 40-hour course or current/valid
Medication Aide certification by state agency required if applicable.
- May require specialized training such as Non-Certified Radiologic
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS)
Job Cardiology (Non-Nursing)
Primary Location NEBRASKA-OMAHA-CUMC-BERGAN MERCY
Daily Schedule M-F
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required None
Req ID: 2017-R0123144