Catholic Health Initiatives PAYER RELATIONS ANALYST - McAuley Center - FT 1.0 Days in OMAHA, Nebraska
PAYER RELATIONS ANALYST - McAuley Center - FT 1.0 Days
CHI Health is a regional health network with a unified mission: nurturing the healing ministry of the Church while creating healthier communities. Headquartered in Omaha, the combined organization consists of 15 hospitals, two stand-alone behavioral health facilities and more than 150 employed physician practice locations in Nebraska and southwestern Iowa. More than 12,000 employees comprise the workforce of this network that includes 2,820 licensed beds and serves as the primary teaching partner of Creighton University’s health sciences schools. In fiscal year 2014, the organization provided a combined $149.3 million in quantified community benefit including services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. With locations stretching from Kearney, Neb. to Missouri Valley, Iowa, the health network is the largest in Nebraska and serves residents of Nebraska and southwest Iowa. For more information, visit online at CHIhealth.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as the Nebraska physician enterprise expert on federal and state regulations and payer guidelines, preparing presentations for leadership as needed. (Includes: rural health clinics, telemedicine, preventive services. Behavioral Health Services, etc.)
· Research government and payer reimbursement guidelines for new products for services for the physician enterprise.
· Work collaboratively with the revenue cycle team, UniNet to analysis coding/billing guidelines to assist with denial resolution and maximization of reimbursement.
· Develop and maintain a communication site to assure physician enterprise has timely and consistent information.
Required Education and Licensure
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business, Finance or related field
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum 4 years related healthcare work experience (including data management and analysis)
Bona Fide Occupational Qualifications (BFOQs)
- List as applicable or N/A if no BFOQs exist
- CPC-P or CPC certification preferred
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Demonstrated ability to set and maintain multiple priorities in an environment with shifting priorities, while providing accurate deliverables in a timely fashion
Must be self-motivated, and able to take ownership of projects/assignments
Must be a team player with excellent follow-up and customer service skills
Strong interpersonal, verbal, and writing skills
Interpersonal skills in dealing with guests and team members
Extensive working knowledge of physician billing systems for governmental, managed care, and commercial payers.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
Primary Location NEBRASKA-OMAHA-SERVICE CENTER-NORTH BLDG
Daily Schedule M-F Days
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required None
Req ID: 2017-R0120581