Franciscan Medical Group, in Tacoma, Washington is seeking an outstanding, personable, team oriented experienced general vascular, OR first-assist, nurse practitioner or physician assistant to join Franciscan Vascular Associates located on the St. Joseph Medical Center campus in Tacoma, WA. Essential job duties included but are not limited to: OR first assist, clinic based work, ICU & Step-down management, daily hospital rounding, and unrestricted call 1:3 and every 3rdweekend for emergent cases.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established, busy practice, comprised of 2 vascular surgeons, 2 nurse practitioners and 2 LPNs. Our team is focused on high quality, collaborative care delivered by the surgeons, our clinical nursing team, and our professional provider team. We are looking for an individual who shares this view, and will fit in well with our existing cohesive team.
St. Joseph Medical Center is a 343-bed regional medical center and is a part of Franciscan Health System which includes five full-service hospitals. The Pacific Northwest offers a very high quality of life, and offers outstanding cultural, educational, and recreational opportunities. Please send cover letter and CV toThePerfectPractice@FHSHealth.orgor call Carl Cohan, Director, Cardiothoracic Surgery/Vascular Surgery Clinics at253-426-4655.
Licensed by the state to provide routine diagnostic, therapeutic and emergency care for patients; may maintain a patient case load and have specialized training in a clinical area. Clinical problems treated by the ARNP shall include, but not be limited to health maintenance, common acute illnesses, management of stable chronic disease, minor surgical procedures, office procedures and orthopedics consistent with the community standard for primary care providers.
* Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients.
* Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
* Performs complete physical exams and records findings. Collaborates with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs of patients.
* Manage stable chronic disease in the scope of ARNP expertise, and refer patients with illness beyond the scope of expertise to the appropriate specialty or sub-specialty.
* Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
* Administers medications and injections within scope of ARNP expertise.
* Interviews and advises patients and family regarding treatment, health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
* Maintains and reviews patients records, charts and other pertinent information. Posts test and examination results.
* Uses Universal Precautions including personal protective equipment for anticipated contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials.
* Performs related duties as required.
* Master's degree in Nursing.
* Successful completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner program.
* One year of previous Nurse Practitioner experience preferred.
* Current State RN/ARNP license with prescriptive authority.
* CPR certification.
* ANCC certification.
* BCLS required.
* Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
* Adheres to and exhibits our core values.
Reverence:Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity:Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion:Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence:Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
* Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
* Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
* Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
* Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
The Franciscan Health System, based inTacoma, Wash., includes five full-service hospitals (St. Joseph Medical Center, Tacoma; St. Francis Hospital, Federal Way; St. Clare Hospital, Lakewood; St. Anthony Hospital, Gig Harbor; St. Elizabeth Hospital, Enumclaw); Franciscan Medical Group, a regional network of primary-care and specialty-care clinics, physicians and other professional providers; in-home and inpatient hospice and palliative services; same-day surgery centers; dialysis centers; occupational health and physical therapy clinics; and centers for advanced medicine in women’s care and heart and vascular services.
Franciscan is a non-profit 501-c 3 organization and is affiliated withCatholic Health Initiatives.
Clear views of Mount Rainier and the beautiful waters of Puget Sound offer a dramatic backdrop for life in Tacoma. As Washington’s third-largest city, Tacoma continues to grow as an economic and cultural core of Pierce County.
Tacoma is located just 30 miles south of Seattle. It offers all the advantages of a major metropolitan area while living in a mid-size city with easy access to some of the finest outdoor recreational areas.
Catholic Health Initiativesis a national nonprofit health organization with headquarters in Englewood, Colorado.
Our faith-based system operates in 19 states and includes 76 hospitals; 40 long-term care, assisted- and residential-living facilities; two community health-services organizations; two accredited nursing colleges; and home health agencies.
In fiscal year 2011, CHI provided more than $612 million in charity care and community benefit, including services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. With annual revenues of more than $10.5 billion, CHI is the nation's second-largest Catholic health care system.