Catholic Health Initiatives RN in BARDSTOWN, Kentucky
This position is for a Full-Time RN in the Emergency Department at Flaget Hospital in Bardstown, KY.
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Provides nursing care according to the nursing process, including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementing and evaluating. Implements appropriate nursing care interventions. Administers medications and treatments in accordance with physician orders and established nursing policies and procedures. Care provided is based on defined standards of patient care and nursing evidence-based practice.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assumes responsibility for acquiring knowledge and skills necessary for patient care in the identified practice setting.
2. Performs assessment and analyzes patient problems and conditions using critical decisioning to determine need for standard, urgent or emergent interventions.
3. Implements and/or modifies plan of care using assessment data, standards of care and evidence based practice inclusive of nursing care coordination, appropriate patient and family education, and discharge planning. Facilitates interdisciplinary partnership in patient care.
4. Integrates ethical provisions in nursing practice and delivers care in a manner that preserves and protects patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
5. Administers medications, IV therapy, and treatments in compliance with policies and procedures.
6. Evaluates progress towards attainment of desired patient outcomes.
7. Demonstrates effective on-going observations and reassessment of patient/family and their response to the interventions and changes in condition.
8. Documents assessments and interventions in accordance with hospital policy and standards of care.
9. Utilizes resources appropriately and follows facility guidelines for documentation and charging of medical supplies and equipment.
10. Assigns or delegates tasks to designated support personnel based on needs and conditions of the patient, complexity of the task, predictability of the outcome and facility policy.
11. Collaborates with new employees and peers to support orientation, training and development opportunities. Supports the profession of nursing through support for nursing student clinical activities, as appropriate.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities for this health care role include:
Monitoring patients’ conditions and assessing their needs
Collaborating with physicians and nurses to devise individualized care plans for patients
Administering patients’ medications and providing treatments according to physicians’ orders
Fostering a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That’s what you’ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You’ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we’ll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives! at http://catholichealthinitiatives.org/find-a-career
We are looking for a responsible and compassionate Registered Nurse with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. It is also important to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively educate patients and their families on the in-home healthcare process.
Additional requirements for this role include:
Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to practice in our state
Graduate of an accredited nursing program
Experience as a Registered Nurse preferred
Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Specialty certification (ex: CCRN, CNOR, CEN) preferred
Additional certification or licensure may be required for some specialty areas
Join us at Catholic Health Initiatives, and become a part of our faith-based health system.
Primary Location KENTUCKY-BARDSTOWN-FLAGET MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Daily Schedule Nights
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 72
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2018-R0178802
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.