Catholic Health Initiatives Lead Barista- Starbucks FT (Varied shifts) in DES MOINES, Iowa
Lead Barista- Starbucks FT (Varied shifts)
This job contributes to the store success by ensuring
service experience standards are met and surpassed at all times during the
shift. Responsible for the daily operations and overall appearance of the
coffee shop and related areas. Maintains a sanitary and organized environment.
Practices and abides by food codes and applicable regulatory and accrediting
agency requirements to provide safe food to our customers. Serves customers in a professional manner
with great customer service.
Welcomes and connects with every customer.
Coaches new hires through their learning.
Follows and directs others to follow store
policies and procedures for operational flow at each station.
- Ensures all company policies, store operating
standards and procedures are communicated effectively and maintained and
followed in a consistent manner.
- Organizes work throughout store in a manner that
facilitates efficient customer service and profitable operation.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines
for all products.
- Performs and directs others to complete the
cleaning and operational tasks in accordance with the store Duty Rosters.
- Follows and directs others to follow standards
for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing all products.
- Places orders and performs special projects to
assist with shift operations.
- Assists in store scheduling and adjusts staffing
to meet store and business needs.
- Contributes to store goals for increasing sales
and improving profit.
- Assists store supervisor with accounting and
- Records and is accountable for store funds while
running a shift.
- Ensures all cash handling and cash register
functions are performed in an accurate and consistent manner.
- Maintains some accountability for store
operations, associate development and financial contribution.
- Ensures the proper types and amounts of
materials, supplies and merchandise are ordered and stocked. Effectively communicates new product
information to the employees.
- Acts as a role model while providing guidance
and training to the store employees on all the performance expectations listed
in Initial Store Training.
- Ensures the employees adhere to the meal and
- Demonstrates and ensures all Starbucks standards
- Communicates store and associate concerns to the
store manager in an effective manner.
- Successfully completes and implements Advanced
- Is certified as an in-store learning coach to
facilitate ongoing training of new baristas.
- Trains and develops the employees to demonstrate
all Starbucks customer service standards, and operations standards.
- Responsible for ensuring the training integrity
of baristas by coaching Initial Store Training.
MI NIMUM KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Minimum 1-year experience as a barista
- Must be able to pass barista training within 6
months of hire.
- Must become certified as an in-store learning
coach within 6 months of hire.
- Restaurant or food service operations experience
- Knowledge of several subjects in order to
prepare reports, perform calculations and/or deal effectively with other
- Ability to read and write.
Primary Location IOWA-DES MOINES-MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
Daily Schedule varied
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 72
Weekends Required Every Other
Req ID: 2017-R0137695