Catholic Health Initiatives RN Clinician- WOCN-ET Nurses in DES MOINES, Iowa
RN Clinician- WOCN-ET Nurses
GENERAL SUMMARY :
skin & ostomy care expertise and clinical leadership. Conducts comprehensive skin, wound &
ostomy assessments and develops a plan of care for patients of all age groups.
Provides wound, skin & ostomy education to patients, family members, providers
and all other members of the health care team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
as a wound, skin & ostomy resource and maintains ongoing collaboration with
wound, skin & ostomy educational needs. Develops program(s) to meet those
needs, and coordinates implementation of the program(s).
programs and modifies as indicated.
and monitors wound, skin & ostomy competencies and protocol development /
NPUAP & WOCN skin standards, as well as WOCN practice guidelines into
practice which includes skin, wound & ostomy assessment, documentation,
staff / patient education, and competency development.
as a clinical preceptor for nursing students and graduate-level healthcare
innovative programs to promote positive skin, wound & ostomy management
behaviors by staff.
independently using the Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Medical
Center policies, nursing
standards, and professional judgment.
- Provides consultation in specialty area to all
levels of health care providers throughout the hospital, affiliated schools of
nursing, and the community.
- Identifies learning needs and develops
individualized measures to meet them.
- Participates in staff development activities and
orientation for unit and nursing department personnel within defined specialty,
- Demonstrates formal and informal leadership
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to
continuously evaluate the progress of developed projects/programs.
- Demonstrates effective coordinating skills in
dealing with details, scheduling meetings, data gathering, and measuring
Problem Identification/Problem Resolution
- Practices effective problem identification and
resolution skills as a method of sound decision making.
- Demonstrates an awareness of self-responsibility
and accountability for own professional practice. Assertively seeks guidance in areas of
- Actively participates on committees, task
forces, and in work groups, as requested.
- Attends and successfully completes all generic
and unit specific required education within the time frame defined in the
- Participates in research by reviewing
literature, communicates findings, identifies potential research
questions/projects and coordinates research projects in area of clinical
Demonstrates effective communication skills.
Supports the sharing of relevant resources.
- Builds and promotes effective working
relationships for producing high-level productivity.
- Assumes responsibility for knowledge of and
adherence to approved structure standards/policies and process standards.
- Participates in quality management activities,
- Maintains confidentiality of patient, personnel,
and institutional information.
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to the
rights of patient/family/client.
- Demonstrates awareness of and adherence to
safety and legal requirements established at the hospital and the department
- Performs efficiently in emergency situations,
following established standards.
- Identifies educational needs, develops
program(s) to meet those needs, and coordinates implementation of the
Evaluates programs and modifies as indicated.
Works independently with limited direct
supervision using the Nurse Practice Act, Mercy
– Des Moines
policies, nursing standards, and professional judgment.
- Serves as a resource in area of specialty and
collaborates with other disciplines.
- Facilitates program presentation/equipment
Utilizes delegation skills effectively.
wound, skin & ostomy education programs.
and implements alternative therapies for problematic wound & ostomy patients
into plan of care as appropriate.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED :
state license as a registered nurse.
degree in nursing required.
one year of nursing experience
competency within a specialized area of clinical practice related to skin,
wound & ostomy management.
in area of specialty preferred or willingness to achieve within 1 year of hire.
- Proof of
completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training within three (3) months of
Certified within six (6) months of hire.
Primary Location IOWA-DES MOINES-MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
Daily Schedule Days
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2018-R0150516