Catholic Health Initiatives RN- Quality Management FT in DES MOINES, Iowa
RN- Quality Management FT
GENERAL SUMMARY :
validates, and analyzes outcome and process variance data in support of quality
and safety initiatives and patient care activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Acquires and maintains the knowledge and skills necessary to retrieve
data from hospital information systems and other databases (i.e. competent PC
skills especially with EHR, EXCEL, and STAR).
- Conducts retrospective review of medical records for data abstraction
related to quality and safety initiatives required by CMS, The Joint
Commission, CHI and/or Mercy, as assigned.
- Utilizes vendor database, or other computer program, to input, aggregate
and analyze data for quality measurement directed towards improvement of
organizational performance, as assigned.
- Reports outcomes of measures to appropriate clinical leaders, medical
staff, disease management groups and others as identified.
- Educates physicians and clinical staff regarding requirements (by CMS, The
Joint Commission and/or CHI) for specifications and documentation expectations
for assigned quality and safety measures.
- Works with multi-disciplinary team to ensure measure documentation is
within required specifications.
Responsible for monitoring and ensuring timelines are met per assignment.
Creates reports, scorecards and graphs necessary to communicate analysis
- Collaborates with multi-disciplinary teams to develop strategies for
variance reduction and performance improvement activities.
- Participates in professional development activities to maintain and
enhance knowledge of data collection, analysis technique and methods, outcomes,
and performance improvement activities.
- Contacts patients and/or families post hospitalization as required by
specific database in order to secure accurate follow-up information as
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS :
General office duties
Retrieve medical records needed (paper or electronic).
Represents the department at internal and external meetings.
Conducts formal and informal education sessions with health care
providers on database.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS ANDABILITIES REQUIRED :
- Possession of a
current or compact state license as a registered nurse issued/defined by the
State of Iowa.
Must complete all
training modules and pass certification examination as assigned within 1 year
- Five years
clinical nursing experience required.
- Basic understanding of performance improvement principles, data sampling,
data collection, data analysis, and hospitalization procedures and practices
relating to patient care and utilization of hospital services.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining harmonious working relationships
with the medical staff and hospital personnel; expressing one’s self
effectively and tactfully, orally and in writing; working independently in
analyzing facts, exercising sound judgment and arriving at conclusions.
- Basic understanding of computer application required. Advanced skills in
use of software, excel spreadsheets, databases is preferred.
Primary Location IOWA-DES MOINES-MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
Daily Schedule Days
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required None
Req ID: 2018-R0158238