Catholic Health Initiatives CATERER ASSISTANT - PRN - St Francis in GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska
CATERER ASSISTANT - PRN - St Francis
Nutrition plays an important role in our patient’s health and recovery. We want to make sure our patients receive the best meal service possible during their stay with us. It’s imperative to accommodate dietary restrictions and provide patients the meals they want to eat. Our catering assistants understand this and work with patients and clinical staff to ensure patients get what they need. If you have an interest in working with us, please read on to learn more.
What you’ll do:
· Visits patients to confirm daily menu selection, all patient food and diet related needs
· Communicates diet-related needs to clinical team members
· Accurately completes patient tray process: menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery to patients and pickup as assigned, special request and off-time meal deliveries
· Must transport ReTherm cart (and/or room service transport cart) to and from the Food and Nutrition department, patient rooms and various hospital locations
· Works cooperatively with team members, patients, and patient unit staff; coordinating customer services
· Inventories, gathers, and delivers floor stock to units as designed by each facility
Why you should choose us:
What sets us apart from other healthcare organizations? How much time do you have? In short, it all starts with our current employees. They believe in living our mission to provide compassion to everyone. We, in turn, believe that growing and supporting our people allows us to deliver a higher degree of quality care to our patients. CHI advocates for all who live in the communities we serve, especially the most vulnerable. Choose an organization who will champion your talents and nurture your career. Choose CHI!
· Food Handler Permit if required by state and county
· High school diploma or GED preferred
· Minimum of 1 year of direct patient care in a hospital setting and/or 1 year minimum in food service preferred
Job Food Service/Housekeeping
Primary Location NEBRASKA-GRAND ISLAND-ST FRANCIS
Daily Schedule 6:30a-7:30p
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 0
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2018-R0165529
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.