Catholic Health Initiatives Cath Lab Technologist I (Full Time) in HOUSTON, Texas
Cath Lab Technologist I (Full Time)
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
A quaternary care facility that is home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a world-class cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD–consistently ranked as one of the nation’s best in Cardiovascular Services & Heart Surgery.
The first hospital in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award four consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s is home to three freestanding community emergency centers (Holcombe, Pearland, and San Felipe) offering adult and pediatric care–treating more than 51,000 patients annually.The hospital holds a collaborative partnership with Baylor College of Medicine and affiliations with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston), Houston Baptist University, and Prairie View A&M University.
Performs duties of circulating, scrub, and monitoring of invasive cardiology procedures. Demonstrates an understanding of all invasive procedures, the equipment and supplies for each procedure, and indications for performing each procedure
Minimum Job Qualifications
Minimum Education: Associate's Degree -OR- Registered as a Radiologic Technologist Radiography (RTR), Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS), or Cardiovascular Technologist (CVT); CPR certified
Minimum years in field prior to employment: Minimum one (1) year clinical experience in a hospital setting
1. Operates the radiographic equipment utilizing radiation safety procedures
2. Operates physiologic recorder/database system with expertise recognizing arrhythmias and normal/abnormal waveforms
3. Operates manifold, power injector, and other support equipment (VCR, ACT machines, oximeters, and transport monitors)
4. Develops cines when necessary according to policy
5. Able to recognize basic equipment malfunctions and troubleshoot equipment in room. Report malfunctions to Biomed promptly if unable to resolve
6. Exhibits a strong knowledge base of cardiovascular diseases and is able to interpret date gathered during procedures and recognize potential implications in patient care or complications
7. Helps to efficiently run schedule by maintaining a smooth and steady rate of work by working independently. Communicate with other room staff and schedule coordinator to maximize the productivity of the entire department. Perform other duties as assigned to enhance patient care and efficiency
8. Anticipates physician needs by being knowledgeable of: 1. procedures performed in the department and 2. equipment (catheters, guide wires, etc.) necessary for procedures. Sets up sterile trays and is able to assist physicians during procedures, utilizing septic technique. Assists in maintaining the appropriate level of medications and supplies stocked in the room
Job Professional Clinical/Allied Health
Primary Location TEXAS-HOUSTON-ST LUKES MEDICAL CENTER
Daily Schedule Full Time
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2018-R0149988
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.