Catholic Health Initiatives Endoscopy Tech II - Full Time (11am - 7pm) in HOUSTON, Texas
Endoscopy Tech II - Full Time (11am - 7pm)
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
A quaternary care facility that is home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a world-class cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A. Cooley, MD–consistently ranked as one of the nation’s best in Cardiovascular Services & Heart Surgery. The first hospital in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving the award four consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s is home to three freestanding community emergency centers (Holcombe, Pearland, and San Felipe) offering adult and pediatric care–treating more than 51,000 patients annually. The hospital holds a collaborative partnership with Baylor College of Medicine and affiliations with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston), Houston Baptist University, and Prairie View A&M University.
Has a wide range of specialized duties. They must already have the skills of an Endoscopy Technician; possess a thorough understanding of endoscopy equipment and supplies and display above average interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to interact with staff, physicians, vendors, and other department personnel.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Licensure: Gastrointestinal Technical Specialist (GTS)
Minimum Experience: Four (4) Years of experience as an Endoscopy Tech
1. Daily accountability of available scopes for use, those sent for repair and loaners ( in the absence of the Senior Instrument Specialist, or as designated by the Nurse Manager)
2. Accurate record keeping of scopes in use, sent for repair and loaners in the absence of the Senior Instrumentation Specialist, or as designated by the Nurse Manager.
3. Plays a supportive role in assessing needs of unit for changing par levels of equipment and accessories and relaying such information in a timely manner to the Sr. Instrumentation Specialist.
4. Assists with in servicing staff on all new equipment and accessories, as well as helping to in-service staff on other equipment as needed. Assist with annual competencies of endoscopy staff.
5. Assists with initiation and follow up of scope washer maintenance...i.e. solution checks, solution and filter changes.
6. Assists with troubleshooting of Pentax equipment, i.e. video processors and monitors.
7. Scope Knowledge: regarding image quality, color levels, air/water functioning, channel sizes and compatibility with accessories.
8. Is a resource for physicians and staff with the Endo Pro system and Doc-U-Scribe.
9. Troubleshooting electrical issues/ contact Biomed as needed
Job Professional Clinical/Allied Health
Primary Location TEXAS-HOUSTON-67-ST LUKE MED CNT-STE 0-520
Daily Schedule 11am to 7pm
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2018-R0153435
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.