Catholic Health Initiatives Referral Specialist (Centeralized Scheduling - Houston) in HOUSTON, Texas
Referral Specialist (Centeralized Scheduling - Houston)
The Referral Specialist works with patients requiring a
referral, to ensure patient’s referral needs are fulfilled for specialty
service office visits. Processes referrals, authorizations and pre-certifications
for patients, to ensure timely reimbursement.
- Gather, verify, and process
referrals, authorizations, and pre-certifications by working closely with
physician(s), patients, and payers.
- Communicate detailed information and answers patients' questions regarding
their health care plan; provide answers to billing and insurance clarification
- Set up appointments, coordinate clinic visits, and any special arrangements
such as transportation, interpreter services, specialty care, etc.
- Coordinate flow of information between medical clinic and referral
authorization department to secure a valid referral for clinic patient.
- Enter referrals, documents communications and action into the system, as
- Notify physician(s) and patient when referral is denied, or if additional
information is needed.
- Develop and maintain database of referral physician offices preferred by each
physician within the clinic.
- Assist Practice Manager with complaint resolution and solutions related to
- Perform other duties as assigned by the practice manager or physician.
Education and Licensure (requiredand preferred)
- Highschool diploma or equivalent required.
Experience (required andpreferred)
- 2years of progressively responsible related experience in a healthcareenvironment required.
Primary Location TEXAS-HOUSTON-ST LUKES ADMIN OFFICES
Daily Schedule Full-Time
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2018-R0160429
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.