Catholic Health Initiatives RN - Registered Nurse - ICU - All Units -*$3,000 Sign-On Bonus* in HOUSTON, Texas
**RN - Registered Nurse - ICU - All Units -
- $3,000 Sign-On Bonus*
Positionis eligible for a $3,000 Sign-On Bonus with a one (1) year commitment
Now hiring for all ICU units at Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center:
Coronary Care ICU
Progressive Care ICU
CV Critical Care/ CV Recovery
Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
A quaternary care facility that is home of the Texas Heart® Institute, a
world-class cardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962
by Denton A. Cooley, MD–consistently ranked as one of the nation’s best in
Cardiovascular Services & Heart Surgery.
The first hospital in Texas and the Southwest designated a
Magnet® hospital for Nursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing
Center, receiving the award four consecutive times. Baylor St. Luke’s is home
to three freestanding community emergency centers (Holcombe, Pearland, and San
Felipe) offering adult and pediatric care–treating more than 51,000 patients
annually. The hospital holds a collaborative partnership with Baylor College of
Medicine and affiliations with The University of Texas Medical School at
Houston, The University of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston), Houston Baptist
University, and Prairie View A&M University.
Registered Nurse II practices as a full partner on the multidisciplinary team.
Independently plans, implements, and evaluates patient care and performs
related duties as required. Assesses patient's needs for nursing care, assures
continuity of care through appropriate discharge planning, patient education
and coordination of services, and acts as a patient and family advocate.
Demonstrates and models the full range of nursing professional practice in both
patient care provided and in development of strategies to improve patient
outcomes, satisfaction, and cost effectiveness at the unit level.
Associate Degree of Nursing
Diploma in Nursing
BLS required (and ACLS, if applicable)
Certifications for Nursing Specialty,if applicable (see addendum)
At least one (1) year of recent acute careexperience or successful completion of an RN refresher course for acute carenurses
Demonstrated competence in Clinical Nurse Iperformance expectations or meets experience requirements upon hire
Minimum Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, communication, andorganizational skills.
accountability for professional development that improves the quality of
professional practice and patient care.
- Serves as a highly engaged and full partner on the care team and
responds willingly to care team member needs for assistance.
Adapts to change and demonstrates flexibility with the change process.
Leads multidisciplinary rounds to facilitate appropriateness of care
and smooth transitions across the continuum.
- Effectively applies the nursing process within the framework of the
organization’s professional model of care, using the nursing process to meet
the clinical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of the patient and family.
- Formulates a plan of care and daily goals that takes into consideration
the individualized needs of the patient.
- Effectively delegates care as appropriate while retaining
accountability for the quality of care given to patients and families.
- Consistently documents in the patient and unit records according to
written health system standards of care in order to meet legal and quality
patient care requirements.
- Provides safe therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way.
Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Integrates knowledge,
skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout
- In conjunction with case management, develops a plan to connect the
patient and family to the appropriate community resources to meet their
post-acute care needs.
- Incorporates national and organizational goals to improve quality,
patient safety and satisfaction.
- Creates a caring and compassionate patient focused experience by
building healing relationships with patients, families, and colleagues.
- Identifies ethical situations within patient care or within the
workforce and seeks to mitigate as appropriate.
- Practices solid communication skills and is able to articulate and
translate the patient’s condition to physicians and other colleagues;
effectively utilizes AIDET and SBAR communication methods.
- Demonstrates knowledge of principles of adult learning (and/or
teaching children) and applies in teaching patients, families, students and new
- Provides detailed and appropriate teaching to patients and families to
meet regulatory requirements and effectively prepare them for the episode of
care as well as transitions from one level of care to another.
- Creates an environment of open dialogue, inquiry, and continuous
development by asking for feedback and improving practice.
- Identifies opportunities for quality improvement to colleagues and
- Applies evidence-based practice as a regular aspect of professional
- Ensures improvements in the practice setting by assuming
responsibility for self-development in life-long learning.
- Demonstrates commitment to the goals and values of patient, hospital,
community and nursing profession through cost containment measures, maintaining
confidentiality, appropriate ethical decision-making, adherence to
organizational policies and procedures, and ensuring patient safety.
- Demonstrates an understanding of cultural intelligence, workplace
horizontal violence and impairment and holds peers accountable for healthy
Models safe work hours, time management and healthy lifestyles.
Participates in unit-based shared governance activities while on duty.
Takes personal accountability for improving quality, patient safety
and satisfaction outcomes.
- Participates in quality of care activities, evaluates the quality and
effectiveness of nursing practice.
- ICU experience
Primary Location TEXAS-HOUSTON-ST LUKES MEDICAL CENTER
Daily Schedule Variable
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 72
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 1800000366
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.