Catholic Health Initiatives Market Director of Operational Finance in LEXINGTON, Kentucky
Market Director of Operational Finance
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
The Market Director ofOperational Finance provides day-to-day finance support to operatingdepartments of the assigned entities. He/she will have an Operational Focus and will work with operationalleaders to drive financial performance of assigned entities. He/she will carry-out assignments from theMarket VP of Operational Finance. Thedirector will ensure compliance with organizational policies. The director will coordinate monthly closeactivities with regional finance office on matters regarding monthly close,budget, decision support, and other finance issues.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOBRESPONSIBILITIES
1. Take Lead on operational changes neededto achieve targeted financial performance.
2. Review and validate monthly financialstatements for accuracy, and explain all variances to budget and prior year.
3. Review contracts.
4. Conduct Monthly operational reviews withall department leaders.
5. Coordinate on audits, cost reports,decision support, and inventories.
6. Lead development of operating and capitalbudgets for assigned entities.
7. Lead efforts to ensure departments areachieving budgeted levels of labor productivity.
8. Work in conjunction with decision supportteam to develop business plans/proformas to be used for decision makingregarding adding, removing, or modifying services offered.
9. Validate charge reconciliation processesare occurring at the department level daily.
10. Validate that midnight censusreconciliations are occurring at the department level.
11. Monitor charge capture activity andopportunities.
12. Monitor patient account denial issues inconjunction with business office partners to determine root cause and developaction plans needed to resolve.
13. Develops implements and updates policiesand procedures as needed.
14. Is accountable for and demonstratesleadership/management of the services in the department including compliancewith all applicable laws, regulations and accrediting bodies.
15. Is accountable and demonstratesleadership/management of the department’s financial resources.
16. Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education (forCHI Leadership Job Levels from Supervisor through President) Sys/Div/Mkt/Local Director – RequiredBachelor’s Degree in related discipline; Master’s Degree strongly preferred
Required Education forStaff Job Levels
Bachelor's degree inBusiness Administration or Finance field
Required MinimumKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strategic thinker, withthe ability to organize and complete work assignments effectively. Skilled withnegotiating with stakeholders and physicians. Personal skills or attributesshould include the ability to listen and respond to problem situations in amature, empathetic manner. Must beable to relate comfortably with individuals with diverse educational and lifeexperiences. Ability to analyze, interpret and communicate both financial andclinical operations data effectively both verbally and in writing. Exhibit adaptability, flexibility,self-control, and maturity in work and behavior. Exhibit calm responsiveness to emergency orstressful situations. Recognizesituations which require notification of a supervisor. Must have Technical andprofessional accounting skills. Highly competent in Microsoft Excelspreadsheets and other Microsoft Office applications. Three or more years experience in finance orequivalent experience. The director must have strong interpersonal skills andproven success working in a highly matrix organization. The following traits are important for thisrole: a) be able to project a positiveattitude; b) work with minimum supervision using independent judgment andproblem-solving skills; c) be well organized with the ability to multi-task; d)be results oriented; e) have the ability to grasp new concepts quickly, f) mustexhibit high level of integrity and ethical standards.
Demonstrates a commitment toservice, hospital values and professionalism through appropriate conductand demeanor at all times
Adheres to and exhibitsCatholic Health Initiatives core values: Reverence: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for allcreation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God andacknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us. Integrity: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honestyand sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness. Compassion: Feeling with others, being one with others intheir sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members ofthe human community. Excellence: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue;continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
Maintains confidentiality andprotects sensitive data at all times.
Adheres to organizational anddepartment specific safety standards and guidelines.
Works collaboratively andsupports efforts of team members.
Demonstrates exceptionalcustomer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients,visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and itsorganizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
Primary Location KENTUCKY-LEXINGTON-SAINT JOSEPH HOSPITAL
Daily Schedule 8am
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2018-R0179200
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.