Catholic Health Initiatives Phlebotomist II - Lufkin (PRN) in LUFKIN, Texas
Phlebotomist II - Lufkin (PRN)
Responsible for skillful and appropriate specimen collection for population/age specific patient groups, in inpatient/outpatient settings. Displays high level of phlebotomy skill. Assists with patient orders, reports, and other documents, as needed. Responsible for organizing work load as assigned. Displays professional, safe conduct in all interactions. Maintains positive working relationships with staff, other departments, physicians and peers. Displays conduct in support of CHI St. Luke’s Health Memorial Mission & Vision.
1. Quality – completes work with accuracy and thoroughness.
2. Productivity – efficiently utilizes time in accomplishing work.
3. Customer Focus – lives organizational and departmental service standards.
4. Reliability – completes tasks assigned; follows up as needed.
5. Availability – meets attendance standards; is punctual; works when needed.
6. Decision Making – displays sound judgement; works with minimal supervision.
7. Initiative – seeks out productive duties in absence of guidance; is a self-starter.
8. Adheres to Policy – follows CHI St. Luke’s Health Memorial rules, policies, procedures and guidelines.
9. Interpersonal Relationships – cooperates, communicates and works well with others.
10. Professionalism – represents CHI St. Luke’s Health Memorial positively in actions and appearance.
11. Demonstrates knowledge of correct collections sites and basic anatomy.
12. Demonstrates proper techniques for cleansing the collection site.
13. Identifies correct tubes and collection order.
14. Adheres to patient identification standards.
15. Demonstrates knowledge of the LIS, and basic computer skills.
16. Administers waive testing as assigned.
17. Collects blood specimens from patients of all age groups, according to section standard operating procedures, to include positive patient identification, and using proper collection technique
18. Maintains specimen collection supplies in outpatient testing area according to laboratory policy
19. Completes and maintains all paperwork required for proper specimen processing in the laboratory of the outpatient testing area specimens
20. Performs computer test order entry as needed, according to laboratory policy, to include all patient information, tests, date/time of collection, priority, and appropriate sample information.
21. Establish and maintain cooperative relationship with patients, staff, and physicians
22. Performs daily/weekly scheduled maintenance to maintain area in clean and orderly condition; observes safety regulations and policies; Participates in all required safety in-services; reviews departmental policies annually or as needed
23. Assigned to outpatient care area to assist nursing services with test order entry to expedite specimen collection and transport, to resolve uncollected labs through open communication with nursing and to maintain communication
24. Proper collection, processing and handling of routine send-out specimens for reference laboratories according to specific laboratory requirements and Standard Operating Procedure
25. Establishes/maintains effective and respectful communication in all collaborative relationships.
26. Accountable for maintaining required certifications.
27. Supports department-based goals and contributes to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
28. Rotates weekend/call responsibilities in a professional and accountable fashion if applicable.
29. Performs duties in accordance with that of hospital policies and procedures, and regulatory agency guidelines.
30. Performs other duties as assigned.
Completion of an approved, accredited formal Phlebotomy training program (which met eligibility requirements for certification through nationally recognized accredited agency.) or
High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED) &
Direct clinical laboratory work experience (which met eligibility requirements for certification through nationally recognized accredited agency.)
Certified Phlebotomist through a nationally recognized accredited agency (i.e. AMT, ASCP, ASPT) &
BLS certification (through an approved AHA program)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
*Strong organizational skills
*Ability to communicate effectively with others
*Critical thinking skills
*Testing personnel as a generalist or in a specialized area within the lab.
*Knowledge of QC practices, instrument operation and maintenance, and result reporting.
*Knowledge of proficiency testing standards and practices.
* **Ability to perform all methods of phlebotomy for all patient population specific/age groups.
* **Demonstrates knowledge of correct collections sites and basic anatomy.
* **Demonstrates proper techniques for cleansing the collection site.
* **Identifies correct tubes and collection order.
* **Knows the patient identification standards and adheres to same.
* **Demonstrates knowledge of the LIS, and basic computer skills.
* **Administers waive testing as assigned.
Job Professional Clinical/Allied Health
Primary Location TEXAS-LUFKIN-MEMORIAL HLTH SYS LUFKIN
Daily Schedule PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 0
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 1800000385
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.