Catholic Health Initiatives Referral Coordinator in TACOMA, Washington
Job Type: Full Time
Scheduled Hours per 2 Week Pay Period: 80
Daily Schedule: 8AM-5PM
Weekends Required: Occasional
Location: Tacoma, WA
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careerswith competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medicalproviders delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South PugetSound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largestnot-for-profit health care systems in the country. Our mission is to deliver high quality carethat meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritualsupport to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach —physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person.Come join our team!
Works with patients requiring a referral to ensure the
patient’s referral needs are fulfilled.
Incumbent obtains and processes all referrals, authorizations and
pre-certifications for patients requiring ancillary testing and/or surgical
procedures to ensure timely reimbursement.
Incumbents are accountable for;
1) Processing referral
orders and gathering patient insurance eligibility information and obtaining
2) Coordinating patient appointments
3) Distributing pre-visit instructional
materials to patients
4) Providing cost estimate and benefits information
5) Coordinating the rental and/or purchase of medical materials and equipment.
Adheres to and exhibits CHI Franciscan Health’s Core Values
of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
Education/ Work Experience:
- Successful completion of an accredited medical terminology course(s) or equivalent on the job training, and two years of progressively responsible work experience in patient scheduling/registration, insurance verification, financial counseling, or related function.
Primary Location WASHINGTON-TACOMA-FMB AT ST JOSEPH
Daily Schedule 8AM-5PM
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required Occasional
Req ID: 2018-R0180414
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.